How do I remote into a Windows machine with a macOS computer?
The following will walk you through how to access your machine via Remote Desktop.
If you are off campus, please make sure you have installed the Pulse Secure VPN first before continuing. If you have not installed the Pulse Secure VPN on your personal macOS machine, please click here.
1. Open the App Store. Search for Microsoft Remote Desktop and install it.
Link Below for conveniences:
2. Once installed, Launch Microsoft Remote Desktop
3. Select the "+" or Add PC.
View may differ depending on version or if there is one already added.
3.1. Enter the Windows machine's name.
Your computer name should be a label on your PC tower. It is not the asset tag. The name should include at minimum a department.
In the example below, the computer name is "OTIS-80W7M12".
Please edit display settings to fit your needs. You can edit this at a later time. This is Optional.
- If you have multiple displays at work and at home select this option.
- If you want to have the remote session in a full screen, select this option.
4. Click on "Add" when finished.
5. Double Click to start your connection.
5.1. Enter your UArts credentials
This is the same as your UArts portal credentials.
Please enter "ua\" prior to entering your username. Example below