How do I install KACE?
The following will guide you on how to install KACE and the Keyclient in order for you to run software on your Windows PC.
Please make sure you are on campus or running the VPN. If you need the VPN please visit the following link here.
Please follow the instructions carefully and completely. You do not need to edit any installer settings besides the ones listed in these instructions.
1. Visit k1000.uarts.edu and log in with your UArts network credentials.
2. Click on "Downloads" on the left hand side or the blue button highlighted below.
3. Look for and select "KACE Agent"
4. Select the download button.
5. Find the file that was just downloaded and right click and select properties.
6. Check the Unblock and select Apply.
7. Launch the KACE Agent and install.
8. Go back to the KACE page and download the "Sassafras K2 Client"
9. Find the file that was just downloaded and right click and select properties.
10. Check the Unblock and select Apply.
11. Right-click on the same file and run as administrator
12. Launch the Sassafras K2 Client and install.
13. Once all installations are finished, restart your machine.
After the restart, you should now be able to install applications from KACE.