How do I Install and run Pulse Secure VPN for Windows?
Some applications on Campus can only be used with a University connection. In order to use them off campus, you will need to run the Pulse Secure VPN. Running Pulse Secure will connect to the UArts Network so you can access campus applications or network folders while you are away from the University.
1. Find out which version of Windows OS you are running.
Due to the nature of the Windows environment, Windows comes in 2 different versions, 64-bit and 32-bit. There are specific Pulse Secure installers for these versions of Windows.
Below is a link to find out which version of windows you are currently running:
2. Download and install Pulse Secure.
- If the download links asks for a login, use your UArts Credentials.
- If the download links asks to request access, log off your personal GMail account and make sure you are signed in with your UArts Credentials instead. Use an different browser if you are still experiencing issues.
You may need to restart after installing.
3. Start up Pulse Secure and set up the VPN.
Once you have started up the VPN you must set it up to connect to the University.
a. Click on the + button.
b. A window should appear prompting for information. Match the settings listed below.
Type: Policy Secure (UAC) or Connect Secure (VPN) Name: UArts Server URL: https://uarts-vpn.uarts.edu
Click on add when finished.
4. Test Connection.
5. Enter UArts Network Credentials.
It is the same credentials as the portal.
6. You are now connected!
Once you see that you are connected, you may now use applications and websites that require a University connection.
When you are done, click on the disconnect button to ensure your current session has ended.