There are two different updates that macOS provides. One is operating system upgrades and the other is operating system updates. To ensure that university applications work, please do not upgrade to the latest macOS version 11 named Big Sur. OTIS will notify when it all testing is done to ensure University provided software works with the new macOS.
System updates are recommended to ensure proper operation of your computer and University software. This will not upgrade your current macOS.
This guide will walk you through on updating your macOS.
1. Launch "System Preferences".
2. Select "Software Update".
3. Ignore the prompt to upgrade your macOS. Instead select "More Info..."
4. A new window will appear and list available "Software Updates" if available.
5. Select "Install Now" to begin Software Updates.
You may need to restart for the updates to apply. Once finished, your system will be updated on the current macOS on your computer.